Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Beginnings

I have been wanting to make a blog for a while.. but had no idea what the subject should be and I am not exactly the greatest writer. What I really want though is to take people with me on my journey to become something I always wanted to be... a nature photographer. When I was little my plan was always to be a photographer for National Geographic.. but life kinda got in the way.. Don’t get me wrong, I love my life, I have a wonderful husband, Jason, we own our home and share it with two cats and a rabbit. We have an amazing extended family, and I have a good career as a Cardiac Ultrasound Tech. I am very happy. Now Jason is in school getting his Masters and he is really going after his dream and I couldn’t be more proud of him, he has really made me want to go for my own as well. Realistically, I probably won’t be published in Nat Geo, but this is something I want to do for me, something I really enjoy and I would like to see how far I can go with it. I am really just getting started.. I don’t have all the fancy equipment or computer programs (yet). I just have my Nikon D3100, a couple basic lenses, the little knowledge I have from a couple classes I took in high school and college.. and Me.


This photograph is from a trip to NYC last year. It was taken with my Lensbaby Muse and then processed in Photoshop CS5.


No comments:

Post a Comment